Having started more than 3000 agencies, we know a thing or two about how to become a letting agent, start an estate agency, gain new business, grow your agency and make it profitable.
With the collaboration of our UK-wide network of Southcourt ambassadors, we’ve compiled a list of methods, techniques and hacks – used by our most successful agents over the last 20 years.
These methods of growing your new business may also be found in our latest Business Package, since this is where our agents started.
You’ll gain the benefit of the experience of hundreds of agents who’ve grown their businesses over many years and passed on their experiences. You can therefore avoid some of the mistakes they’ve made, and concentrate on growing your business, capitalising on the methods and techniques suggested.
Some words of caution:
• Make the methods your own – some methods talk about lettings, but can be applied equally to sales. Some are sales based, but apply with a little flexibility to lettings. Use your own judgement and criteria in their implementation.
• Some of these techniques and suggestions can be implemented as they are, immediately. However others are here to inspire you, and should be adapted to your local area, circumstances and niche agency speciality.
• If you commit yourself, you’ll grow quickly – please do ensure you’re prepared for this.
Our methods are split into several business areas:
- Online Methods for Attracting New Customers
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Google Ads, Google Maps
- Social Media, Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok
- Local Consumer Events
- Local Business Events
- Telephone and Face to Face Marketing
- Traditional Media Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Follow Up marketing
- Printed Advertising
- Working Your Local Area
In each of these categories there are many detailed topics and ways of implementing a number of different techniques. By using our Business Package you can avoid the pitfalls and mistakes other agents have made when setting up their agencies, and start to earn the levels of income shown in our Financial Rewards page – more quickly